Sunday, December 31, 2006

I Didn't Think I Had an Accent

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia
The Inland North
The Midland
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

(Hat tip - Orthodox Anarchist)

5 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Cosmic X said...

Nice. The quiz correctly identified me as having a North Jersey accent. But why do they ask for age and sex?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger tafka PP said...

Wow, that's really freaky, Kalman!

I await the British version, see if it's as scarily accurate...

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger oishkapipik said...

It said I had a Midland accent and that I am from the midwest! I have never been to the midwest in my life. I'm as west as west gets!!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Kalman Rushdie said...

Cosmic - Good question. They probably think age and sex affects accents.

Tafka PP - A British version would be harder since it would have to look not only at regional but also socio-economic elements. Still, I'm curious what your American accent would be.

Oish - The years in the Middle East have obviously pushed your accent away from West to Mid-West. Hang around long enough and you'll have an East Coast accent like mine.

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It pegged me as Inland North.

I don't even know where that is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home