Sunday, October 22, 2006

Roundup

* Two weeks after Google buys YouTube the party's over.

* "Original Beatle" Pete Best surfaces to campaign for Jewish candidate running for Kansas House of Representatives. Joe Lieberman probably could have landed him if he had just a bit more clout...

* Village Voice reviews two new books on the American underground - one on the New York literary scene from '74 to '92 and one on how the Whole Earth Catalog morphed into a computer movement.

* I get nervous when Robert Aumann, Nobel Prize winner for his work on game theory, starts to doubt Israel's long term survival.

* Moment magazine asks if Jewish children should trick or treat, and offers opinions from across the Jewish spectrum. Renewal Rabbi Pamela Frydman offers this nugget: "Halloween is a time to teach piku’ah nefesh—protecting or saving a life. A few examples: When trick-or-treating children should be accompanied by an adult. Teens are safer at a Halloween party than going out alone. Products that are unsealed shouldn’t be eaten. Large amounts of candy can be dangerous to our health. "

3 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger oishkapipik said...

I like the last one the best about trick or treaten.

I feel my two boys are missing out a bit on this one.

What joy it was to come back to the house empty out my pillow case and examine my treasures.

First of all you put all the candy corn in a corner and try to trade them with someone else for the best candy of all "sweetarts" which came in a package of 3 that said "bite em" on every little candy. Too bad they are not kosher, they were the best.

Than there were these candies in black and orange, they were also really bad, you would have to search far and wide to find some fool who would trade for those.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger oishkapipik said...

Whats up Kalman, I start to post and you lay down the towel??

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger oishkapipik said...

Kalman! It was good speaking to you last night, sorry about the quick hang up, my date showed up. I am very much looking forward to next shabbat! Patrick O hearn is in town, is that ok if I bring him along? He needs a place to stay for a while, he said he needs to speak to you! I told him about the living room set up, I hope you don't mind.

As long as you give him a key, he's cool with the sofa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home